Spurr Empire Limited is a technology company offering solutions to businesses and individuals.
SpurrOpen.com is an example of a product we have and is a tool that is used by the public for e-commerce.
You will maintain and improve existing software as well as develop new and innovative solutions for internal and external clients.
What you will do
- Develop and maintain technical knowledge of business system and environments.
- Write code for new software solutions using tools including but not limited to PHP, Java, SQL, and .NET.
- Make code changes to existing software applications and programs using tools including but not limited to PHP, Java, SQL, .NET
- Development of reports using Crystal Report, Power BI, and Tableau.
- Perform regular, proactive service implementing best practices and standards.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure excellent customer service is being delivered.
- Develop in‐depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer needs.
- Respond to customer support issues and drive solutions from start to completion, escalating software failures to relevant team and working with them for resolution.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
- Establish basic project plans to support IT changes.
- Test software and infrastructure changes to ensure quality for production.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of one years working in a similar capacity.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient at cloud computing with AWS and Azure
- Experience in developing Business Intelligence reports will be an asset.
- Experience with Office 365 Automation will be an asset.
We'd love to have you join our team.